Making use of our API gives users the ability to connect LiLz Gauge to other, third-party services.
Here, we will explain exactly how you go about doing this.
Using the API for the First Time (Obtaining an Access Token)
-You must have an existing LiLz Gauge account (Creating a LiLz Gauge Account)
-You must be logged in to LiLz Gauge
1. Visit the token-creation page at: https://lilz.io/lilzgauge/token
2. Click on the "Issue" button to receive your API access token.
You can now use this token* to start using the API.
*At present, issued tokens do not have expiration dates.
*POST/lilzgauge/token endpoints can only be accessed after being validated via an http session.
Testing the API
Users can view our API documentation by visiting: https://lilz.io/lilzgauge/docs#/
It is also possible to test out the API by using said documentation.
In this article, we will explain how to use the GET /lilzgauge/api/users/self endpoint to test out the API's ability to obtain user information.
1. Click on the GET /lilzgauge/api/users/self section of the API document.
2. Next, click on the "Try it out" button.
3. Paste the access token you are issued into the Authentication-Token box, before clicking on "EXECUTE."
4. If the server response is 200, then you have successfully completed the API test.
However, if you receive a 401 error, there is a chance your access token was unable to be validated. Should this happen, double check that you correctly pasted your token in step 3.
You have now confirmed that you can use the LiLz Gauge API.
In the future, we plan to write more articles which cover using the API to extract measurements and linking LiLz Gauge's data to other systems.
Article is closed for comments.